Let's see, benefits...
1. No one refers to me as b*tch anymore. I no longer get called a dumb f*ck, stupid b*tch, ugly b*tch, ungrateful b*tch, f*cking whore, or nasty f*cking slut.
2. No one digs 2 liter bottles out of the trash to fill them up with water and throw them at me. That was one of my mom's favorite things to do. I haven't had a pot of water on the stove chucked at me in a long time either.
3. My ulcers have finally healed.
4. I no longer break out in painful stress hives all over my body.
5. It's been months since anyone hit me.
6. I no longer feel like crying when I hear about a "mother's love"
7. I've taught my son that no one has the right to abuse anyone else, not even if they gave birth to them.
8. I don't have to spend my hard earned money buying gifts for people who only respond by criticizing the gifts until I cry.
9. No one laughs at me for crying anymore.
10. I never again have to see or hear my father laugh, snicker and smirk when a woman on TV is smacked, raped, beaten or killed.
11. I will never again be forced to kill an animal that I love.
12. I no longer have to keep secrets about my parents' criminal acts.
13. I no longer have to live in fear of my parents' convicted rapist friends attacking me.
There are more but that's just off the top of my head. I'm very happy being estranged.